Cartoons of Words that My Kids Have Said Wrong

My two sons James and William don’t know English very well yet. There are several well-known names they say incorrectly.

‘Buzz Lighthear’? Light-hear? Seriously, buddy? It’s embarrassing. I think they’re embarrassed. Maybe they’ll get sports scholarships or have rich girlfriends or something. Perhaps there’s hope; we’re not sure at this point.

I have called upon my average high school-level art skills to illustrate the boys’ unintentional puns for your viewing enjoyment (hopefully.)

I promise I didn’t make any of these up. These are all 100% straight from their baby mouths. Ask Will. He’s only 2, but I mean, he’s pretty honest or whatever.

Click play below picture to enjoy Will’s sweet little voice saying the word. It’s equal parts adorable and sad- sad that he still thinks he’s saying things right.

Shout out to Crayola colored pencils.

Baby8

Baby 8 STILL can’t walk- still just rolling. Sad.

Despicable Meat

In hindsight, I should’ve drawn a Filet Minion next to this guy. GREAT. THIS POST IS RUINED.

C pee pee O

He’s best friends with that other little droid named R 2 Goes Number 2.

Wolvergreen

He’s GRRRRRRRRReen. (don’t read that like Tony the Tiger. That’s different. Now don’t go back and read it like Tony just because I said that.)

Vampirate

I hope Eddie Cullen sees this. Anyone know how to tag his name here? Is there a certain signal? Should I make a pained fart face to make him appear?

Sunscream

Ironically, James would scream every time sunscream was applied to his skin.

OptimusPie

Credit to the Great Derek Rodrigues for the brilliant “Decept-pecan” pun.

Oldemort

I heard he just Potters around the rest home in his slippers.

Minecrap

The sound of my laughter in the toy section at Smith’s could be heard clear to the parking lot when Will said this. So good.

HEY, LET’S DO A FUN THING. Comment below with a word or phrase that you or your offspring has screwed up. My favorites will then be Capa-tooned and make it into a Part 2 post. THAT SOUNDS LIKE A FUN THING.

Hey, thanks for looking at this. You guys are the best, and I love you.

Shout out to my genius sisters Sharla and Savana, and to James and Will for saying these things. Also to the Dollar Tree because they sell paper and Sharpies.

Warm Feelings,

Capa

61 Comments

1. Хэй, Сара, веселый пост, классные рисунки! У твоих детей всё ещё есть шанс! 💜

1. Xaxa, spasibo tebe! Da, naverno est malenki shans. 😉

2. I gots no offsprings lol but my little (by marriage) grandbaby couldn’t say her Ls and one meemaw (not saying it was ME) delighted in getting her to say yeyyo bayoons.

1. Ha! That’s adorable! I love to make Will say things too. He’s probably always so confused why I’m always forcing him to say things over and over while I giggle.

3. Love it! The more I listen the more I laugh. Love the art work as well!
    There was a little girl who had long braided pig tails that stuck straight out and long striped socks. My mom called her
    “Pippi Green Sleeves”. Her real name is “Pippi Longstocking”

1. That grandma sounds awesome! So do you, actually, I’ll bet that you belong to a hilarious and talented family!

4. When my oldest broke a toy, he would ask me to “Fux it?” I dare you to draw that one.

1. Haha, I think since this is a family-friendly space, I won’t, but I appreciate the challenge, David.

5. Don’t know if that counts, but Mike Pence had a cartoon in his Law School days entitled -tah dah- “Law School Daze” about a character named -you guessed it- “Daze”, and I’m pretty sure you could improve on his own drawings too, if you had just a few minutes…

1. That would make a good one, Ronan, haha.

6. Our son was three when he really began to speak. It was a big deal because he was in an early intervention pre-kindergarten classroom for speech and social development. He LOVED trucks. Those little tonka trucks, hotwheels, you name it, oh, the excitement. So when we were driving one day and passed a very large truck, our boy got all excited and for the first time ever yelled over and over, “Monster truck! Monster truck!”
    Only he wasn’t able to pronounce the ‘tr’ and it came out as an ‘F’ sound instead.
    His teachers at school got a real kick out of it, “Guess what word C—— is saying today….”
    I never prayed as hard as I did that next Sunday that when I brought him to Sunday school, that they would not bring the trucks out to play with…..

1. But I don’t recommend trying to draw that…..

2. Haha, thank you for your comment! I love reading these! Why is it that kids are always messing up words by saying bad words? My son was the same! His pronunciation of ‘vacuum’ was highly inappropriate, so I get it.

7. I thoroughly enjoyed this whole post! Your little Will’s voice is the cutest thing ever-and your art skills are on point! I always loved seeing your drawings! 👍🏻 We had enchiladas for dinner a couple months back, and when we told Rawlins what we were having, he said, “I don’t want to eat Maz Kanata!” Ha ha Apparently we watch a lot of Star Wars in our home!!! Ha ha

1. Hahaha, oh, Carli, so good! And thank you, you are so sweet and supportive. It means a lot to me!

8. My daughter, when she was first starting to speak and learn about Star Wars (around 15-18 months) simply called Darth Vader ‘hooo paahhhh’, like the sound of his breathing.

1. Hahahahaha! Your daughter is hilarious!! I love this!

9. These are awesome! Poor C-peepee-O. That kind of mess isn’t proper protocol, you know. 😉

There’s a Sonic the Hedgehog character called “Knuckles the Echidna” that my boys called “Knuckles the Enchilada” for MONTHS. I couldn’t help but snicker every time they said it.

1. I’m like you- I laugh every time and don’t want to correct them because it’s so funny. Knuckles the Enchilada, hahaha!

10. My friend’s son calls boomerangs home-erangs, because when you throw them away they come home to you.

1. Home-erangs, that’s so smart! I love that!! I’m gonna start calling them that too.

11. My son’s favorite characters from Star Wars Episode 1 were “Qui-gone-Jim” and “Jar-Jar Beanstock”!

1. Hahahaha, Jar-Jar Beanstock is awesome. I can see that as a cartoon very easily.

12. My oldest once asked very seriously for a spanking. It took us quite a while to figure out she was trying to say “blanket”.

1. My two sons sleep with spankings every night. I get it.

13. My son yells “ahoy! Climb on a board!” When pretending to be a pirate.

1. These are killing me! In a positive pleasant way! Climb on a board is so amazing. I love it!!

14. Despicable Me = spickle me me
    Toy Story = aWooody
    root beer = root beard (we picture an awesome pirate)
    Snow white and the seven doors

1. Snow White and the Seven Doors…..HAHAHAHA! I love it! Root beard is stunningly brilliant as well. Thank you!

15. Cinnastix from Domino’s – I won’t tell you which two year old screwed this one up… Sin-nast-tics — sounds like some dirty lime disease laden bug from the underworld…

1. I wish you could’ve heard how long and hard I laughed at this, Dave. My mom, dad, and sisters were around when I read it and we all laughed and laughed. Thank you for this.

16. This is so well done and funny and adorable! How much were they compensated for the voice work? My daughter pronounces Daddy correctly,Tya (her sister) correctly, Carter (her brother) “Cya” (just lazy), and Mommy is “Body” (sexist).

1. Oh my gosh, that’s so sexist. Wow. I’m reporting her…to…somewhere. I’ll figure it out. So, you’re Not John? That’s too bad because I have an awesome friend named Actual John. I’m fairly disappointed that you’re not him.

17. A hundred and one damnations. (Mommy, can we watch…?)

Moldy locks and the free bears (we could have some fun with that one)

Parp tots (pop tarts)

1. Ok, this one made me laugh out loud. Moldy locks and the free bears? Are you kidding me right now? That’s definitely gonna be something. A hundred and one damnations is gold, and parp tots is hilarious. Bless you and your children, Kathryn.

18. Speed lemon=speed limit

Seattle Space Noodle=
    Seattle space needle

Boosters= Boots

Guns= Gums “Mommy, when I brush my teeth, I don’t like it when it touches my guns.”

1. I think the guns is my favorite. But speed lemon is pretty dang good too. Thank you!!

19. There’s a children’s museum in England called Eureka. My niece asks to be taken to My-reka.

A while ago, we saw some little children trying to convince their dad to buy them a fajita dinner kit. They were jumping up and down in the shop shouting “Buy the fellaters! Buy the fellaters!”

1. My-reka, that is so cute!! Hahaha, I hope that he caved and bought them the fellaters!

20. My son has had a few good ones:

Dark Vader – Darth Vader
    pocksickle – popsicle
    pockcorn – popcorn
    Gammy – Grammy
    Uncle Gurl – Uncle Darrell
    kyata – pinata
    “away in the danger” – “away in a manger”
    Hawkguy – Hawkeye
    tabit – tablet
    poon – spoon
    lightsaver – lightsaber
    Xbots – XBox

1. Oh my gosh, Jessy, your son is a goldmine. I might need to Skype with him for my upcoming post. Away in the danger, hahaha.

21. My nephew was naked at the top of the stairs yelling, “Don’t look at my peanuts!”

1. Hahaha! You know, that’s really good advice, though. Peanuts can be frightening.

22. My daughter loves My Little Pony and Equestria Girls. She was singing along to ‘Welcome to the Show’ from the EG Rainbow Rocks movie and sang ‘Despiny’ so I can just imagine a super shiny PIN OF DESTINY! =) Or something to do with Pinterest…

1. The PIN of DESTINY. That sounds wonderfully epic!

23. My little sister was hysterical! Elephants were called elebunches, the number 11 was “a lemon,” (you know, 8, 9 10, a lemon) , there is a letter in the alphabet known as kelemeno, and she pronounced “boughs” as in “boughs of holly” bogoos, when she tried to read my sheet music during caroling. As for my own children, my youngest called yogurt “yogrit” forever….

1. Elebunches sounds like it could be the name of an adorable stuffed animal company. I like it. I also really like ‘yogrit’ hahaha.

24. I love these! My kids call the remote the ” merry mote”

1. Merry mote, hahaha! That would make an amazing cartoon! Stay tuned, Jodel.

25. My sisters are classic for doing things like this, some of our favorites are “I don’t like the Grump!” (She means the Grinch “but he’s so grumpy so he’s name is the Grump”), also Stunks (skunks. I mean really though, who decided they should be called skunks? They stink, so therefore in their minds, they are Stunks.)

1. They also call swimsuit tops “boo-boops,” they love to play with “hu-loops” (we watch a lot of Hulu so hula hoops automatically became hul-oops.) also, the yolk inside boiled eggs they call “the cheese.”

They very much enjoying singing, particularly “tinker bell, tinker bell, tinker all the way!”

1. They are so funny lol I love my girlies

2. Ha! Your girls sound hilarious! Thank you for sharing! I especially like ‘hu-loops.’ That sounds like a delightful new cereal.

26. My daughter calls rice crispy treats “sticky breakfast”.
    Her other famous saying is when she announced that she didn’t want “sloppy on my joe”.

1. Sticky breakfast…oh my gosh, that is genius! How old is she? I seriously love that!

27. Cathy wasn’t feeling well or got hurt when she was little. After calming her down, I asked, “Is it better now?” She answered, in a sad voice, “Yes, butter and cheese.”

1. Awww, that’s adorable! I might start saying that now.

28. Optimus Prime is just a tough one. My 5 year old INSISTS it’s “Octimus Prime”.

He also used to call his sister Lily “Weenie”.

1. Haha, Octimus Prime is awesome! Also, poor Weenie, er, Lily.